HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BODY AT 40, 50, 60 AND BEYOND
1. Have fun & separate it from wanting to look a certain wayWe can lose up to 13% of our dopamine receptors when we grow older. Regular exercise also trains those dopamine receptors, increasing long-term feelings of gratitude, happiness & meaning. When you feel happy, you glow!
2. Do 60% aerobic workouts and 40% strength exercisesAerobic workouts like brisk walking, swimming, running or cycling have the most health benefits overall, but strength training becomes increasingly important to maintain good muscle & bone health with age.
3. Make workouts work for youDoing daily tasks in a more active way can have some serious health benefits. Some inspo: stand on one leg while brushing your teeth to improve balance, jump 10-20 times a day with 30 seconds in between to enjoy bone-building benefits even jogging can't offer, choose brisk walking over transport.
4. Get social to feel more brave!Grab a friend, or your daughter, or your partner! Research shows that when we move together with others, we decrease anxiety and increase feelings of bravery and optimism. For an extra boost, turn up the music!
4. Wear something that makes you feel free, comfortable and confidentBodies change. So what? Invest in activewear that makes you feel supported, carefree and safe through every chapter, so you can completely focus on celebrating your body, your movements and who you are today.
Show me feel-good activewear
"At the age of 50 I started hiking 73km mountain trails in Switzerland. My dream is to complete the 111km trail in July. Many of my hobbies are sports-related, but I also love cooking and great culinary experiences. I exercise so I can enjoy life!"Heidi, lagatta customer
"My body has changed, but that doesn't mean my style has! I am so okay with who I am today. Instead of forcing myself to feel good in skimpy or oversized pieces, I choose thoughtful activewear that makes me feel confident and comfortable just the way I am."Mimi, customer at lagatta
We're the exercisers who got tired of wearing oversized, boring T-shirts to cover up skimpy sports bras. Not to mention wearing thongs under leggings. We wanted something supportive yet fabulous, comfortable yet fun. We are ageing actively, fabulously and unapologetically. And we deserve modern activewear to do that in.
What is feel-good activewear?
It all started when a former professional athlete saw her super stylish 53 year old mum struggle to find equally stylish activewear. They decided to join forces and create something that works for every chapter.
It’s time the world takes notice. You are shaking it up and taking it on. And we made the activewear to do it in. Because looking and feeling incredible isn't defined by numbers. It's a life-long thing! It's a Lagatta thing!